FAQ Raman Mehrotra
Laser Hair Removal FAQ Raman Mehrotra
Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Laser Hair Removal FAQ – It is important to read prior
Why laser hair removal?
- The aim of laser hair removal is to permanently reduce unwanted hair by up to 88-95%
- To to get rid of those nasty ingrown’s.
- This will prevent anyone from visiting a waxing salon every month for long time
- Save’s you money in the long run
Is Laser Hair Removal Safe ?
Yes. Though there can be some sides effects are certain contraindications that would restrict some clients form having Laser that is why we always recommend to do a consultation and/or patch test before starting any treatments.
Is laser hair removal safe when pregnant?
It is not recommended during Pregnancy.
Is it safe to have laser hair removal while breast feeding or lactating women?
We recommend laser hair removal only after breast feeding is stopped. If you are still keen it is safer to shave or get waxing during breast feeding.
Is laser Hair Removal Expensive ?
- Laser prices have come down especially for Brazilian laser, due to the demand and quality results clients have seen in the last 5 years,
- In comparison to an average of 15-20 years of waxing, buying shavers or depilatory creams then the amount saved can be thousands.
- Many women and men have had successful treatments and saved thousands of dollars, and are now benefiting from the savings they have made by choosing laser as there method of hair removal.
What to expect in the first visit ?
When you arrive for your first session of laser hair removal, there will be a consultation provided where there is opportunity for clients to ask questions. There will also be a patch test done and a consultation form to be filled, so allow an extra 10 minutes on top of treatment time.
What type of hair can be treated ?
Laser can only treat hairs that are dark in colour or have Pigment as the light energy will only be attracted to pigment within the follicle, so unfortunately for clients with blonde, grey or white hair , Laser will be ineffective on this type of hair. All Skin Types FitzPatrick 1 to 6 can be treated with GentleMax Pro.
How does it feel during treatments?
The pain level depends on individuals and body skin type, usually it is less painful than waxing specially when cooling spray is applied.
It has been described like an elastic band being snapped against the skin. Some redness and swelling can occur after treatment, Though resides quickly if after guidelines are followed and maintained.
Does brazilian laser hair removal hurt?
- While you are being treated, you will feel a slight cooling spray ( Cryogen ) on the surface of the skin before the laser hits the follicle, this is to prevent any further discomfort you will feel from the laser and helps to cool the surrounding tissue.
- The treatment is over fairly quickly, and the benefits are much greater than any other hair removal method.
What to expect after treatments?
Immediately after your treatment there will be an application of Aloe Vera gel to assist in cooling of the skin, there will be a slight reddening or swelling of the follicles, which is a great result as the hair has been successfully heated and the follicle destroyed. All after care instructions will be provided, the main being to staying out of the sun, no fake tans or solariums for up to 3 weeks after treatment.
What happens after 2-3 weeks ?
After about 2 weeks of the treatment you will notice the hair will begin to fall out of the skin, and then a couple more weeks will pass until you notice regrowth which will appear much finer and in patches.
What is the gap between each treatment?
- On average we say leave about 4-6 weeks between each session
- we recommend 6-8 sessions to achieve good results.
How long does laser hair removal last ?
- It depends on person to person, after finishing 6-10 sessions the hair may stop growing
- 99% hair reduction means, you may see few strings of hair in patches after 1-2 years
- Clients may want to touch up after few years.
- Women may see hairs returning due to hormonal changes, after pregnancy etc
Does the hair stop growing after 6 sessions ?
There are special circumstances which will see that sometimes hair can grow back, due to hormones, medication and natural causes, there are no guarantees with any type of lasers or IPL machines. But for the most part the results that we have achieved at Ayurve Spa have been of great success and happy clients.
Who can have the treatment?
Clients that have paler skin tones and darker hair have most success with laser hair removal. Some success has been experienced with those that have lighter hair but that could be caused as a result of the client having darker pigment at the root of the hair.
Do I need to have a patch test?
At Ayurve Spa we strongly recommend doing a patch test at least a week before you commence treatment as this will not only allow the therapist to determine proper settings to the treatment but also it will give a good indication of how well your hair responds to the laser.
How many laser sessions are needed?
There are many factors that come into play when we look at hair growth. Hormonal changes, medication, age are just some of the factors we look at when we do our initial consultation. At Ayurve Spa we generally advise our clients 6 – 8 sessions but this can go either way , some less, some more.
Can I wax before laser hair removal?
- We don’t recommend to wax before laser hair removal
- If you wax before then you are removing the object that attracts the laser. There has to be a active hair in the root of the follicle for the laser to destroy.
- Shaving is always advised which you can do as much as you like throughout the laser treatments over 6-9 months, as this is only removing the top of hair and still allowing the laser to destroy the root underneath the skin.
When should I shave before laser hair removal?
- Always shave 24-48 hours prior treatment.
- For the initial consultation and patch test we advise you to leave the hair as is, so the therapist can have a look at the colour and shave away a small area for a patch test.
Can I go to gym exercise after laser hair removal treatment?
- We strongly don’t recommend to exercise straight after laser treatment,
- We suggest you let the skin calm and cool for 24-48 hours
- Excess sweating can irritate the skin after laser treatments.
Can I swim after laser hair removal?
- We don’t recommend to swim after laser hair removal for at least 48 hours
- If you swim the chlorine could irritate the skin and cause further inflammation and aggravate the skin.
How long does laser hair removal session take?
- Every area being treated will vary in times.
- The head on the laser is 20mm- 24mm wide, so a full leg laser could take up to 20 minutes
- Brazilian+Underarm 5 – 10 mins.
What do I do if it is Red or Patchy after laser treatment ?
After the laser session if the area is Red or patchy you need to contact the clinic immediately, only use products or ointments recommended by the laser specialist.
What to do next?